Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Done torturing myself

I'd decided to just read what I had to read once and for all. Or not. Maybe I should write decent reviews. But I won't. Maybe I should post some pics. But no.

Besides The Major, there are a few short stories you can read at the right column on Hector Lima's website. I think Steve Brain is the only one worth reading.

Here's a parody of Den by Junim called Ankh video.

Promises of love to strangers while waiting for the end of the world s a very interesting alternative experimental comic by Pedro Franz. It's divided in three parts, with four chapters each. I highly recommend reading this, but chapters are too short, maybe you should wait for a whole part to be available in English (so far, there are only 2 chapters) to get the real feel. Or maybe wait for the whole series to be done. I know I'll have to read it again when it's over.

If you're feeling romantic, try these short stories by Mario Cau.

A sci-fi shortie drawn by Edu Francisco

Here's a very balanced report on the police action in the favelas of Rio, made for a Dutch political cartoon website by Augusto Paim and MauMau can be read here.

Not bad comic strips by Adão Iturrusgarai in English and Spanish.

And here's some stuff I wouldn't even dare to read: Supersonic HQ and Foreskin Man.

Some short stories by Amilcar Pinna and Amanda Grazini. They're so beatiful... I wish there were more than just three...

Here and here you can find stuff by Odyr. I don't really recommend it though... the comics are mixed up with some other stuff, uncategorized, and some of them are "subtitled". Ok, Odyr made another more organised and bilingual blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment