Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Segregation

When I first heard of this gay animation festival, I was like, come on! You wanna be treated like normal people, but you keep making those segregationist festivals instead of showing your work at regular festivals (which shouldn't be so hard, since they're mostly alternative)!

But then I realized how I stay away from American and Japanese comics, maybe even the French, looking only for comics from other countries. And how I don't show my scanlation at manga websites because, well, they think manga is the only scanlation possible! Why would I try to blend in with those who don't think I exist?

"If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, 
But make allowance for their doubting too;"

- If, by Rudyard Kipling


Both cases are just the same. It's understandable to stay in our safe ghettos, but we must get out (or come out). They don't dislike us, they just never thought we were possible.


P.S.: Since we're talking about prejudice, what about this: most American or French comic readers won't read Holy Avenger cause it's too manga, but most manga readers won't read it cause it ain't TRUE manga!

No comments:

Post a Comment